Friday, March 14, 2014

Inspiration "Best Health Magazine"

INSPIRATION- Something that makes someone want to do something or that gives someone an idea about what to do or create; a force or influence that INSPIRES someone.

I was recently asked to write a small blurb for Best Health Magazine for April/March issue. Not only was I completely excited, I felt so honored to be able to share a bit of my story with the world. I have been so fortunate in the past years to have news papers cover my fundraising and now a magazine. I know I am not going to solve all the worlds issues but at least I can start by inspiring others to make a change. Today I wanted to share a bit of an email that I received from one of my bosses. I was so very touched. I must say the amount of support has been amazing. I have a very hard time accepting that I could be inspiring to people. I think this has a lot to do with my own self confidence and the fact that I am not trying to inspire, but just doing what I know to be the right thing for me. I feel by writing, sharing and expressing my challenges allow others to talk about theirs. It opens up lines of communication which is good for everyone. Todays post is very small. I do not want to get to deep into something that is simple. If you help others in return they will help you, if you are nice to people in return they will be nice to you, if you spend more time counting your blessings doing good it will become a ripple effect and others will follow. One of the reasons I do so well everyday is because of the extreme amounts of support. Receiving an email like I did today, made me feel stronger, braver, and ready for my next challenge. My message today is allow yourself to be inspired and inspire others to do good things!

It is people like you who inspire all of us.
 
They fight back when challenges come into their lives and do not allow the challenge to define who they are.

Instead they have the tenacity and drive to take the challenge and turn it into victory.

They are the eagles of life whose  flight should be an inspiration to all of us.

Live is not defined by what we endure but rather by how we respond.

You truly are an inspiration to me and I am privileged to witness you flight.

Keep flying, others are watching.

Sincerely, Tony







  • Erin Milliard, 35; North Vancouver

    My achievement: Various runs (a 5K, 8K and half-marathon)
    The cause: The Arthritis Society
    What I raised: $5,000

    I’m passionate about doing these runs to raise money for, and awareness of, arthritis. I was diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis eight years ago, when I was in my 20s; it was very difficult to wrap my head around it. I had always been active, but now running seemed to be so hard. So I made it a goal to do one run at a time and help raise money to help others. My mentor from the Arthritis Society gave me hope and support. When I crossed the finish line on my half-marathon, I cannot explain to you the feeling of pure joy I felt like nothing could stop me.

    My running helps me stay positive and inspire others that anything is possible, and it helps change the perception that arthritis affects only older people. It has helped motivate me to fight my own battle, and in return help others.

    I have great days, and bad days. I try to balance exercise with a positive attitude, and always have a goal in sight. I’ve achieved more from my diagnosis than I ever expected, and have decided to go back to school part-time in the medical field in hopes of one day becoming a mentor to someone like myself.



     
     

    No comments:

    Post a Comment