Sunday, November 13, 2011

Limitations

These past couple weeks have been excellent!!! I am feeling back to my normal self. I have been able to get back to my healthy life style of being active. Limitations are a very hard thing some people deal with when they have a debilitating disease. Some slip into a funk while others fight with every once of their being. I have found that the more active I am the better i feel and the better attitude I have. When I am struggling I can feel myself want to sit around because physically I am unable to be active. I have done a bit of speaking at some previous events where I really tried to express how important mentally and physically it is to be active. Some days although I still feel tired I really do my best to get out for walks and runs. I live in a beautiful area filled with the best walking trails and the best scenery available. The reason I started to run was because I basically was told it was something I was not going to be able to do. It was not until my sister finished her first half marathon that I thought....WOW wouldn't that be amazing to complete that and show others that it is POSSIBLE. I have been trying to work myself up to at least 10k and I have gotten pretty close. The most I have done is 9k and it was hard. Although I was out of commission for a couple days after the success was great! My goal is to run a half marathon. I would love to be able to run one with my sister. I can not even imagine the sense of accomplishment that would be.....the thought is a big one but achievable. The only limitations are the one we put on ourselves. You will never really know your absolute limitations until you try. I promised myself I would do a half this year. I think right now it looks like it will be 2012 but I am still hopeful that when the day comes I will show this disease it is not in control. NO ONE controls this girl!! LOL Anyone who knows me knows that statement is true. Some days I hate that I am injecting this product into my body but the quality of my life is so much better. I feel like my legs and body have life.
This week I had 3 people say that I was to young for arthritis. I told those people this. I was just given this challenge to help me appreciate my life more. I do not take walking, running and being able to be active for granted. I am not saying that those people do I am just saying I have a better appreciation for my body and my quality of life. If there was one thing I could pass on to anyone dealing with this or any debilitating disease I would say don't stop believing.....just always have faith that god gave you this for a higher purpose. I think mine was to teach others that a positive attitude, and willingness to achieve the things we once thought were impossible is the outlook I am to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment