Friday, December 16, 2011

Very well said.

Good morning world,

After this frustrating past couple weeks I am at the end of my rope. I recently read a post that actually clicked with me. It was in regards to a woman who has been diagnosed with more then one form of autoimmune disease. I can not even imagine!! I have at this point only been diagnosed with one and it is way to much for me. She spoke about what is happening in her body in such a way that I actually had a different perspective on how I explain it to people. It was just so simple. In short form if you can imagine the body thinking that all the organs joints, and other parts are foreign invaders. Basically the body is attacking all the healthy stuff becauae it is confused. I take medication to help with that. It is just sop simple really. There is so much more to it but I am alwasy stuck when someone asks me to describe what is happening in my body. It was also comforting to learn that she also is sick alot. Apparently this is normal. My body is in complete attack mode all the time.....no wonder I am tired and sick and have such a struggle some days. It was great to see a funny yet unlifting post by someone who is going through what I do. I will never get tired of explaining to people what I am going through, if it means making them aware of a disease like arthritis I am game.

No comments:

Post a Comment